Day 5 (well, 3 in use)

Hello All,

Another update to the FairPhone trial.

Despite the lack of NFC on the FairPhone, which is honestly a bit of a pain for me, but may not affect some users, I was able to get my Yubikey Neo working as an external keyboard to input my 2FA code, which then got me into LastPass, I have also now managed to change my device over in our DUO 2FA management system.

Here is how I got into lastpass:

I used what is called a USB OTG (On The Go) cable, this allowed connection of my security key to the phone as if it were a keyboard.


This is not entirely ideal for me personally, but where there is a will there is a way!

I have also found what I beleive is a way to move over from an iPhone to the FairPhone using Google Drive backup:


I do not have an iPhone, but I will see if I can test it with someone that does.

For now, I have finally managed to mirror all the apps and functionality from my Pixel to the FairPhone, So the next thing to do is start using it as my daily driver, and to install and test all of the corporate apps etc that we use at work.

I have now installed all the business apps that I am aware of that we use:

Microsoft Oulook, Word, Excel, Teams, Skype for Business, Authenticator, Office Lens, OneDrive, Planner.
DUO mobile.
LastPass.
WhosOff.
Zendesk.

I will be testing these under everyday use for the duration of the trial.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 9

Day 14

Day 7